Friday, September 18, 2009

Wow!

I can't believe I haven't posted anything since April! Life has been so chaotic that I just haven't had the time.

My daughter graduated from high school at the end of May. Then we had two major events at our church that we were all involved in. One was a children's outreach where we put on a circus themed show and then had free food, games and bounce houses etc. We also gave every child a free backpack full of school supplies. This was a very successful event.

Then we had a youth conference. Awesome is about the only word that I know that will describe this event. It was called Transformation and the theme was "I will not be a statistic." Very powerful stuff. Many teenagers lives were changed through this conference.

Both of those events were in July. August was when we made the final decision to move from the city where we've lived for 15 years, to a new town just a few miles away. This move was crazy. My husband had been out of work since April and ended up getting a job the week before we moved. Great that he got the job, just made the move a bit harder with him at work all day. I also spent 3 days at a women's retreat the week before we moved. Needless to say, we were throwing stuff in boxes at the same time as we were loading the moving truck. I hate to move like that but just didn't have much of a choice. We are finally settling in. I still have a lot to unpack but I can see the end is in sight.

I also made the decision to drop all of my college classes for now. I was getting really overwhelmed with all I had to do. I also had made a choice to attend a discipleship class at our church along with attending the women's Bible study. These two classes have already proven to be time consuming with the amount of homework that needs to be done for each one.

I have made the choice to homeschool my 15 year old as well. She had such a difficult transition from one high school to the other. The two schools have completely different requirements and neither would accomodate the other. We decided that homeschooling for at least this year would have to be necessary in order to make sure she is able to complete the correct classes and not be behind.

So you can see why my blogging has been non-existant for these last 5 months. I hope to post some pictures soon, but it's so late right now and my hubby is wanting me to turn the lights out. hee ;o) I'll be posting again soon.

No comments: